Boomer Esiason Foundation
In 1993, NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason learned that his son Gunnar was diagnosed with the incurable, genetic disease cystic fibrosis (CF). Never ones to back down from a fight, he and his wife Cheryl founded BEF and decided right then and there to fight to find a cure for CF. To date, BEF has raised over $130 million.
Learn more about the Foundation at www.esiason.org.
- researchers and scientists working on finding a cure for cystic fibrosis have the resources they need to expand and accelerate their efforts;
- doctors and caregivers have access to effective and innovative treatments that ease suffering and enhance the lives of those stricken with cystic fibrosis;
- people from all walks of life are educated and motivated to become active participants in the ongoing battle against cystic fibrosis;
- those directly affected by cystic fibrosis are encouraged and empowered to fully understand this deadly disease and to take active roles in combating it; and
- students and hospital staff are provided with the financial resources and educational tools they need to prepare for life's challenges and to create a legacy of quality healthcare for generations to come.